Literacy Lift Off is a collaborative model of intervention whereby members of the Special Education Team, in collaboration with the class teacher, work in the classroom each day for six to eight weeks in four or five 10 minute rotating sessions on a range of literacy activities. These activities include
● Re-reading familiar books to build fluency and confidence
● Being introduced to and attempting to read a new book
● Composing and recording their own messages
● Reconstructing the story which has been cut-up
● Exploring how words work using magnetic letters and whiteboards.
Literacy Lift Off is an intervention that gives children lots of opportunities to read books at their own level of competency and gradually lift the complexity of what they can do in both reading and writing.